In The Streets Productions is a Boston-based production company, creators of The Femme Show. bringing queer art to queer people. We are seeking interns for our exciting 10th anniversary season, with opportunities in arts management, community organizing, media and writing.. Email thefemmeshow @ gmail.com for more.
Depending on interest and abilities, projects may include:
- managing communications with audience members, artists, and sponsors
- internet and in-person networking and outreach
- grassroots organizing
- website maintenance
- fund raising events
- booking touring engagements
- tour management
- house management or technical responsibilities at shows
- graphic design
- creating promotional materials
- writing blog entries and monthly newsletters
The ideal candidate has experience in the performing arts, arts management, community organizing and/or activism and is comfortable with queer communities.
This is an unpaid position, but college credit is available. You do not have to be a student. We can offer access to shows, possible travel, and the chance to meet and hang out with movers and shakers in the queer arts scene as well as recommendations. Positions are available year-round. Send cover letter and resume, or an informal list of relevant experience, to thefemmeshow @ gmail.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.