7 Reasons Why We’re Worth It (“it” being your time, money, volunteering, social media sharing, love, and support!)
1. We’ve got brand performances for you, so you can see things you ain’t never seen before, Jay.
2. In one evening you can see former M.I.A. drummer and world famous runner and activist Kiran Ghandi, political burlesque from Essence Revealed, and get advice on sex toy shopping from etiquette mavens Phyllis Troubridge and Beatrice Llewellyn.
3. The Femme Show is Boston born and bred. We couldn’t do it without you and your support of grassroots queer art and radical gender expression. Local artists this year include Pampi, Rachel Kahn, Maggie Cee and Sublime Luv.
4. We also bring amazing artists to Beantown, people like Kiran Ghandi, Essence Revealed, GeeGee Louise, and Amy Raina, who are national and international queer traveling super stars!
5. We are Queer Art for Queer People. Straight folks are welcome too, but we will never pander or explain ourselves. We are not here for the commodification of queer lives and queer stories.
6. We do it all by hand, with the help of performers and volunteers, with no staff, no agent, no communications director. We rely on you to buy a ticket and one for a friend, too.
7. We are committed to creating events that reflect our values, including sustainability, all kinds of accessibility, all kinds of diversity, supporting good causes like MTPC and the Network La/Red, and more. We have a wheelchair accessible venue and ASL interpreters on Saturday night.